Europe’s leading shower designer and manufacturer, Roman, has announced that it is implementing ‘strict’ new measures to protect its workforce, customers and business partners during the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.
In a statement issued to the press, Roman stated that its number one priority is to keep employees and business partners healthy and safe, as well as managing resources to ensure continuity in the product supply and provision of services.
It has introduced a number of measures across the business to ‘minimise any risk to employees, customers and business partners,’ including but not limited to:
• Prohibiting all company travel, events, and face-to-face meetings until further notice
• Conducting all business development and communication through phone calls and Skype
• Ensuring all employees who fall in the ‘high risk’ category work from home
• Implementing boosted hygiene measures at all locations, including the disinfection of most transited and high-touch areas
• Implementing a no shaking hands policy, in which all employees are instructed to refrain from making physical contact with colleagues and business partners
The company noted that, given the unpredictable situation the company is facing globally, the evolution of the coronavirus crisis is being closely monitored and reviewed on a daily basis, to ensure continuity of supply and safety for all.
David Osborne, Managing Director at Roman, commented: ‘We are just continuing to trade as normally as possible in a strange and unprecedented environment… Sales development and communication is now just phones and email; deliveries are pretty much normal; we have lots of precautions and adjustments around the factory and offices; a few people working from home where they can. The whole country just needs to try and take a longer term view and not panic.’