The Kitchen Bathroom Buying Group (KBBG) has announced that it is looking to pay its members their annual suppliers bonus payment early this year, in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
More related content:
- Quooker MD appeals for industry leaders to join new helpline initiative
- Simon Taylor Furniture offers manufacturing support to kitchen retailers that need to fulfil orders
- Virtual Worlds supports retailers with a free remote design work package
The KBBG, the most established buying group specifically for the independent kitchen and bathroom specialist in the UK, traditionally makes the payment in May or June, but said that ‘in view of the extraordinary circumstances our German head office, and our suppliers, is to make an interim payment to qualifying members as soon as possible.’
Alongside the payment announcement, Bill Miller, Managing Director of the group, also released a list of general suggestions for retailers to consider at this difficult time. He advised:
Bill Miller’s advice for retaillers
• Keep your social media going, and if you haven’t invested any time in this communication tool then now is the time to start. Your customers need to know you are around.
• Show them the latest coffee machine brewing a cup of coffee and how delicious it is via social media.
• Of course, reassure everyone that hygiene levels are maintained at the highest standards.
• Keep in touch with, and in contact with, your local media. Contact the newsdesk regularly on new product introductions in the showroom, new furniture arrivals or bathroom installations. Highlight these on your social media channels too.
• And for members there is the new Consumer Finance Package which is a superb asset to help generate more sales and better compete with the national retail chains who offer consumer finance.
Miller added: ‘As the saying goes; ‘When the going gets tough, the tough get going’ and this is the perfect time to consider marketing your business so that when the pandemic is behind us it comes out healthy and strongly, and your target audience remembers you have been there throughout.
‘The challenges of business will always be there, regardless of the economic, political climate or a pandemic. However, it is the aim of the KBBG to ensure that we provide support for the entrepreneurial kitchen and bathroom retailer to enable them to grow and overcome whatever challenge that they may encounter. Good luck to everyone.’