• Support each other with practical advice whenever possible.
• Utilise help lines such as Samaritans and Mind.
• Always use reassurance with your team.
• Breathing techniques – take a few minutes to reflect.
Technology and business support
• Make the most of the available technology and schedule designated times for employees to Skype/Zoom/Facetime if working from home.
• Utilise all sources of government funding and support, share the application process in layman’s terms.
• Tap into all available sources of business and HR advice, such as that the Kbsa offer via their group membership of Croner and BMF are providing regular daily updates to their members with fantastic links – use them.
• Keep a clear head and remember to prioritise.
• Business owners need to urgently consider delegating tasks and not be tempted in the current climate to do it all alone.
• Manage your workload – operate each day with primary and secondary objectives.