MHK withdraws from Küchenmeile 2020

Buying group cancels annual forum at Küchenmeile over coronavirus concerns

MHK forum Kuchenmeile

Europe’s leading kitchen and bathroom buying group MHK will not be hosting its annual kitchen industry forum at a major German trade exhibition this year, after withdrawing from the event due to coronavirus concerns.

Advertisement

The forum was due to take place in Enger, north-west Germany, on Monday 21st September, as part of Küchenmeile. The yearly trade fair sees the top names in German kitchen manufacturing open their facilities along the so-called “kitchen mile” in the Ostwestfalen region to industry colleagues and members of the press.

Since it began more than 20 years ago, MHK’s annual Monday evening forum has become a fixture of the week-long show, as an opportunity for industry leaders come together to share insights and discuss developments.

In a statement released today, MHK said chairman Hans Strothoff had grown ‘very fond’ of the tradition, and that the decision to cancel this year’s event had been ‘very difficult’.

However, ‘due to the current Corona-related regulations and the many cancellations by the industry, we have now also decided against participating in the kitchen fair’.

Strothoff said: ‘We hope that the corona related situation will soon normalise and we are looking forward to 2021.’

Advertisement

The Küchenmeile trade show is currently set to go ahead from 19-25 September/