Novy UK’s country manager, Owain Harrison, is in training to undergo five separate sporting challenges* in various disciplines during 2020, in order to raise money for cancer charities.
Having recently lost a close family member to cancer, Harrison will complete the London Winter Run and the Tour de Flandres, as well as the Kortrijk Triathlon, the Picos de Vuelta and The New Forest 100 Sportive in a bid to fundraise for Newbury Cancer Care, the British Lung Foundation and the Roy Castle Foundation.
Harrison said: “Having witnessed at first hand the way that cancer affects not just the person who has the illness, but all the people who are close to them, I am raising money for a number of cancer charities that focus on research into the disease. My target is to raise £1,600, or more, if possible.
“While this is a personal challenge, I am very pleased that I will be taking part in two of the sporting events alongside my colleagues from Novy. The company’s history began as a bicycle manufacturer and while now a luxury appliance brand, cycling remains in the DNA of the business to this day.”
- The London Winter Run is a 10km run that starts in Trafalgar Square with a route that enters into the City of London and then ends in Whitehall by Downing Street
- The Tour de Flandres is a 170km one-day cycle race that starts and finishes in Oudenaarde, with a route that takes cyclists throughout the Flanders region of Belgium
- The Kortrijk Traithlon takes place in Kortrijk, Flanders and Owain will undertake the 1.5km Olymic distance swimming discipline as part of a team entry with two colleagues from Novy
- The Picos de Vuelta takes place in Spain and is an 800km cycle ride over six days, of which 16,000 metres is taken up with cycling up some of the highest peaks
- The New Forest 100 Sportive, a 100 mile road cycling event through the New Forest National Park
Read more about Harrison’s challenge on his Virgin Money Giving Page here.